Photo Courtesy: Roadway Moving
These days, the holiday season can be a perfect time to move to a new house, but it doesn’t automatically make it the right time for you to relocate. That said, you might consider the idea of moving after the holiday season instead. Whether you’re planning a local or interstate relocation, here are the pros and cons of moving after the holidays.
While the holiday season can be the best time of the year to move, for some people, moving after it is much more convenient and stress-free. With thorough planning and preparation, relocation after the holidays offers a wide array of advantages that you’ll not find during the season. Here are the pros of moving after the holidays:
1. No holiday stress – Even if the holiday season is known for being the wonderful time of the year, it can still be challenging to move during this time. Unlike after the holidays where people are resting from holiday blues, you can go through with your moving tasks step by step with ease and convenience. At this point, you can move comfortably and without stress because the streets are no longer busy since people have come back from their extended vacation.
2. No complaints from your kids - Most children love vacations, which means they won't be happy if you schedule your relocation during the holiday season. Hence, it’s a good idea to start moving after the holidays, so they’ll have enough breaks and enjoyable activities for the week. If you do this, you’ll also stop hearing them complaining and bickering, thereby making your holidays a relaxing one for you and your family.
3. Moving prices might be lower – The good news about moving after the holiday season is that the moving prices might be lower. Unlike during the holidays where you’ll find yourself paying companies more, it’s wise to set your moving date after the breaks instead. That way, you don’t need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars right away, thereby helping you to save more money in the long run.
4. It’s not busy – There are always celebrations and fun parties during the holiday season. That’s why you don’t actually have sufficient time to pack and relocate smoothly. However, moving after the holidays provides the opposite. That’s because people are no longer busy attending parties and going everywhere, which is why you’ll have so much time for planning, preparing, and organizing everything for the big day.
5. Movers can accommodate you right away – Holiday season is a peak season for moving. Thus, it’ll save you stress and headache if you decide to move after the holidays. During this time, perfect movers for your family can accommodate your move right away. Even if you plan a last-minute move after the holiday season, moving companies might be readily available to handle every aspect of the moving process.
Now that you know the benefits of moving after the holiday season, it’s time to take a look at some red flags. Here are the cons that you should be aware of when planning a relocation after the holidays:
1. You might need to extend your break – Moving after the holidays means you might have to use the official days for the relocation. Typically, you need to go back to work after a few numbers of vacation days, which is why relocating at this time might push you to take an off from your job or extend your break instead. This can be an extra hassle for you knowing that you have to juggle your time for both your work and your upcoming move.
2. Not a popular time to move – Due to the demand of relocating during the holidays, planning a move after that season might not be a good option. That’s because you might encounter some moving companies that are unavailable to take care of your relocation. Due to their busy schedules during the holidays, some might decide to take some off, which means you’ll probably not be able to book a moving date immediately.
3. You do all the tasks on your own – Unlike moving during the holidays, a relocation after that season means no more people are on vacation to help you with the process. As a result, you’ll end up accomplishing all the tasks on your own which isn’t fun at all. Not only that but after the parties and relaxing time with family and friends, you might not have the drive to prepare a move after the holidays.
As long you’ve done all the preparations from start to finish, you’ll not experience any stressful issues along the way. Even if troubles are unavoidable, don’t forget to ask for some help from Movers NYC if you’re moving within the New York City after the holiday season. Hopefully, we’re able to help you weigh the pros and cons of moving after the holidays, so you can make a decision easier.
We hope you enjoyed this guest post!
Amy Puchaty is a luxury real estate writer and communications specialist whose marketing campaigns and copywriting work have appeared in numerous print and digital publications including The Wall Street Journal, Architectural Digest, Inman News, The Denver Post, and Dallas Business Journal. Why Amy Puchaty? Because it’s selling season. Follow Amy at www.amypuchaty.com #AtHomeWithAmy #AmyPuchaty #LuxuryRealEstateWriter
From the latest interior design trends, to real estate news, fashion finds, and more, At Home With Amy offers a fresh take on all things home and lifestyle. Thanks for stopping by!